Pilgrims who reach Tirumala by trekking Alipiri or by walking through Srivari Mettu footpath are eligible for Divya Darshan. They are provided tokens for immediate Darshan by TDD as soon as they reach Tirumala.
Free Services By TTD
TTD (Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams) has provided several facilities to the pilgrims who choose trekking or the footpath routes to reach Tirumala:
- They get a free bus facility from the railway station to Srivari Mettu or Alipiri.
- At Alipiri, there is a free luggage counter for the pilgrims wherein they can deposit their luggage and get a receipt. They can collect their luggage once they reach Tirumala.
- Pilgrims also get free of cost accommodation in PACs (Pilgrim Amenities Complex) at Tirumala along with free meals at PAC II or at Matrusri Tarigonda Vengamamba Annaprasada Bhavan.
On a daily basis, approximately 20,000 Divya Darshan tokens are issued by the TTD. Both the routes (trek and footpath) have a digital display at the entrance where pilgrims can easily get information on how many tokens are being issued on that particular day.
Things to Know
- If you have a child below 12 years, then no ticket is required.
- You need to carry a value ID proof to avail of the ticket.
- Ticket counters are closed on special days like New Year, Garuda Vahana Seva during Brahmotsavam, Rathasapthami, and other festival days.
- Tickets cannot be transferred or postponed. Darshan slot will be allotted at the final checkpoint. It is not mentioned on the ticket.
- During the weekends, Divya Darshan slot timings run with a gap of 8-10 hours.
- These tokens are free of cost and pilgrims need to report one hour before the Darshan time mentioned on the token ticket.
Alipiri is at the foot of seven hills in Tirupati, located 5 kilometers away from the Tirupati bus stand. Pilgrims need to cover a total distance of 9 kilometers on this trek (total 3550 steps). There are food stalls and toilet facilities available on the way.
There are total of 2350 steps on this route and a distance of 2 kilometers. Entry on this route gets closed by 5:30 PM. Srivari Mettu is 17 kilometers away from the Tirupati bus stand with 24/7 security facilities.