Sri Prasanna Venkateshwara Swamy temple is among the temples around Tirupati maintained by the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam and Tiruchanoor Sri Padmavathi temple.
The king Sri Venkata Perumal Raju Brahma deva Maharaj of Karvetinagaram constructed this temple in 1232 AD.
These shrines of Sri Padmavati goddesses and Sri Andal goddesses are established. The Hanuman temple is located outside, opposite the temple.
- The Incarnation of Lord Sri Hari as Sri Venkateshwara Swamy in kali yuga remembered the incarnation of Sri Padmavati Devi in Narayanavanam and got married in Narayanavanam.
- While returning to Tirumala hills, the Lord Venkateswara Swamy honors the Sidheswara muni, who already performs tapas in the middle of what was once called Vemulavada hills darshan in “Abhaya Hasta Posture”.
- Since the deity is in Abhaya hasta posture, the devotees believe the glimpse of the god will fulfill their wishes.
- Devotees believe that the presence of Lord Vayu in this temple unshackles the people who suffer from chronic diseases.
- Lord Hanuman is the KshetraPalaka of Sri Prasanna Venkateshwara Swamy, although he is a disciple of the Lord “Sri Rama” in Treta Yuga.
- TTD took over the temple under its wings in the year 1988, and all the rituals are performed according to the Vaikhanasa Agama Shastras up to this date.
How to Reach Temple
- Temple is located at Appalayagunta, Chittoor district, and it takes 35 minutes to reach Tirupati, which covers 16 km of distance.
- The Government of Andhra Pradesh provides a Bus transport facility that is very convenient to everyone.
- It’s also convenient to reach by private transport, via these 3 different ways-
- Tt road via Challavaripalli road.
- Via Tirupati Arkonam Renigunta.
- Via NH716.
- The timings of the temple are 5:45 AM to 8:00 PM, which is very convenient for everyone.
- There are weekly and monthly sevas which make it more convenient for outsiders to visit the temple.
- From Tirupati, many modes of transportation services are available to this destination.
- It just takes 35 mins to reach the temple, which makes it more convenient for a quick visit.
- After reaching the temple, there is a river nearby which is covered by a beautiful lotus field. It creates beauty in the temple and gives a peaceful atmosphere.
- If you are a huge group of people looking to visit Sri Prasanna Venkateshwara Swamy temple, it is better to hire a private bus transport company. It makes it possible to watch other nearby places surrounded by this temple.
- Places like Seetha Rampuram, Tiruchanoor have individual significance that we can cover in this trip. It is advisable to add them which have more things to see.
- To the people who like to plan a road trip, it is a perfect, short but sweet experience.
Devotees believe it is the ultimate place for the people who want to be in the realms of the lord Venkateshwara Swamy as he is the Sri Abhaya Hasta Prasanna Venkateshwara Swamy.