Golden Temple Vellore is also known as Sri Lakshmi Narayani Golden Temple was inaugurated on 24th August 2007. Ways to reach Golden temple is at a distance of 120km from the Tirupati, 145 km from Chennai, 160km from Pondicherry, and 200 km from Bengaluru and is situated at the foot of Thirumalaikodi Vellore in Tamil Nadu, India. It is at the edge of the mountain called Kailasha Giri.
This temple of Sri Lakshmi Ji is made purely of gold in the area of around 100 acres by the Vellore charitable trust. There is a star-shaped path around the main temple which is called Sri Chakra and is of about 2 km. It is the most significant and largest golden temple in India.
This temple is headed by Sri Sakthi Amma, who is a spiritual leader and also known as Narayani Amma.
Ways to reach Golden temple Vellore from Tirumala
Tirumala is in Tirupati Andhra Pradesh, whereas Sri Lakshmi Narayana temple is in Vellore Tamil Nadu, and the difference between the two is around 137 km by road, 124 km by train, and 93 km by air. It is near about 8 km from the Vellore bus terminus. If the person travels by way, then also he will take about 2 to 4 hours to reach the temple from Tirumala depending upon the traffic.
Various options available are-
- Buses- the person needs to board the bus from Tirupathi to Vellore. Around five times a day, the bus operates from Tirupathi to Vellore and takes around three hours to reach Vellore. From Vellore bus stands, the person needs to take a taxi to reach the Srupuram temple. There are various local buses available which are operated by APSRTC and TNRTC. The multiple options available are of-
- Kallada Tours and travels
- Praveen Travels
- Train- if a person is planning to visit the temple through train, then he/ she can take a train from Tirupati to Katpadi Jn or Vellore Jn. The person needs to come to Tirupati from Tirumala and then can board a train. From Katpadi Jn or Vellore Jn, the railway stations in Vellore, you can take a taxi or any other vehicle to reach the golden temple, Vellore. There are various trains available which take around 2 hrs to 3 hours to arrive at Vellore Railway station. The train timings so available are-
- 13:50- 16:40
- 14:50- 16:33
- 15:15- 17:40
- 16:35- 19:18
- 19:30- 22:20
The timings may vary slightly, but various trains help you with your darshan at Sri Lakshmi Narayani Golden Temple
- Taxi- the person can also travel through taxi from Tirumala to Vellore. Depended upon the traffic on the way the person will reach within 2 to 3 hours.
- Airlines- the person can also visit the temple through the air. They can reach Vellore airport and then can take a taxi or bus or any other vehicle suitable for them to reach the Golden temple, Vellore.
These are different ways to reach Golden Temple Vellore.
There are various ways to reach Golden Temple Vellore. It is just that the person must have the wish to come and as we have listened when there is a will, there is away. So, choose your favorable mode of traveling and visit the temple as millions of people visit this temple every year to get the blessings of Goddess Lakshmi as she is the Goddess of wealth and prosperity.